In this article, you will learn how to download Podcast Addict for PC on Windows 10, 11, & Mac. I will be using an Android Emulator to install Podcast Addict on Windows & Mac. But Before we proceed let me give you an overview on Why Install Android Apps on PC, Is it worth it? Does it work like smartphones? What are the requirements?
Tons of Android and iOS apps should be available on Windows and Mac. But since nowadays smartphones are the most used gadgets, every developer put their efforts to make apps for Android and iOS devices.
I have seen many users asking how to install Android Apps on Windows or Mac, apparently, there is no way you can install Android and iOS apps on your Windows & Mac. However, I have heard that Windows 11 is working with the Amazon app store and you will be able to install most of the Android Apps on your Windows PC. But not all the apps because Amazon App Store does not have all the apps. So we are left with very few options, among all those options there is one that I have used and it’s working perfectly for me.
Today in this article, I will show you how you can download Android Apps on your Windows 11, 10, & Mac. Keep reading and you will get to know.
How To Download Android Apps on your PC:
As I have mentioned before, there is no direct way to install Android Apps on your Windows & Mac PC. Since you cannot provide Android Eco-System on Windows or Mac. However, using an Android Emulator on Windows and Mac PC could let you install Android Apps directly. If you don’t know about Android Emulator, please read the following. I will provide a brief review and reference that will help you understand an Android Emulator.
What is an Android Emulator, Does it really work on Windows & Mac:
First, you need to understand the term Emulator and then you can understand the Android emulator.
What is Emulator?
In computing, an emulator is a hardware or software that enables one computer system (called the host) to behave like another computer system (called the guest). An emulator typically enables the host system to run software or use peripheral devices designed for the guest system. Emulation refers to the ability of a computer program in an electronic device to emulate (or imitate) another program or device.
What is Android Emulator?
The Android Emulator simulates Android devices on your computer so that you can test your application on a variety of devices and Android API levels without needing to have each physical device. The emulator provides almost all of the capabilities of a real Android device
Does it work on Windows & Mac?
Yes, it does work perfectly on Windows and Mac. Moreover, there are tons of Android Emulators available in the market. In the article, I will tell you how to download Android Apps using Android Emulator. Let’s begin now and first I’ll give you a brief overview of Podcast Addict and will explain all the features.
About Podcast Addict
Podcast Addict is the #1 Podcast App on Android with over 10M downloads, 500K reviews, 2 Billion episodes downloaded and an average rating of 4.7/5
Podcast Addict allows you to manage Podcast, Radio, Audiobook, Live stream, YouTube, SoundCloud channels and RSS News feeds from a single app.
Getting started: https://podcastaddict.com/getting_started
Bugs & Suggestions: http://bit.ly/podcastAddict
Minimal permission requirement
Please contact me in case you have any issue/question.
The app is free and unrestricted. It displays a small ad banner at the bottom of the screen.
If you want to support Podcast Addict and/or disable the ad banner, you can do so via an In-App purchase.
SUBSCRIPTION / DISCOVERY
• Search by podcast name or keywords (2M podcasts / 50M+ episodes)
• Use the search engine of your choice: Podcast Addict, Apple Podcast or The Podcast Index
• Browse popular podcasts by category
• Browse podcast networks (NPR, Gimlet, BBC, Serial, Ted Talks, …)
• Get custom recommendations based on your subscriptions
• Find similar podcasts to the one you listen to
• Paste the podcast RSS/ATOM feed url. Also works with iTunes / Apple Podcast, SoundCloud, YouTube channels and playlists urls
• Support private / premium podcasts via RSS feeds
PLAYBACK / AUDIO EFFECTS
• Built-in audio effects such as playback speed, volume boost, skip silence, mono playback. Works while streaming or playing downloaded files
• Variable playback speed for video podcasts
• Multiple playlists support
• Advanced playback features like Shuffle mode, Loop mode and Sleep timer
• Works as a standalone player (MP3, Audiobook, local files, streaming)
• Full chapter support
• Chromecast support (with local files/audiobooks support)
• SONOS support
• Automatic update, download, playlist & deletion (Set a specific time so your favorite podcasts can be downloaded before you wake up)
• Custom settings by podcast
• Control the app through Intents with 3rd party apps
• Automatic cloud backup
• Backup / restore subscriptions (OPML file compatible with other podcast apps)
• Full app backup / restore
• SD card storage
• Podcasts reviews
• Reorder podcast and radio subscriptions by drag and drop
• Android wear notifications & controls, Android Auto, Pebble …
• Live stream radio search engine (150K radio stations)
• Bookmarks / Notes
• Review your favorite podcasts
• iTunes / Apple Podcast reviews
• Premium / private / Authenticated feeds & podcasts
• Search based podcasts (handle a search request as a podcast)
• Virtual podcasts / Audiobooks (handle a folder content as a podcast)
• Visual customization
• Full screen reading mode for RSS news feed
• Advanced filtering by type/keywords/duration to show/hide episodes
• Advanced sharing features (full description, Twitter, …)
• Playback Statistics
• Chinese: HK Reporter
• English: 5by5, BBC, CBS Radio News, CBS Sport Radio, CNN, Criminal, Crooked Media, Earwolf, ESPN, FrogPants, Gimlet, LibriVox, Loyal Books, MSNBC, My Favorite Murder, NASA, Nerdist, Netflix, NPR, Parcast, PodcastOne, Podiobooks, Public Radio International (PRI), Radiotopia, Relay FM, Serial, Showtime, Slate, Smodcast, S-Town, The Guardian, This American Life (TAL), Ted Talks, The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE), True Crime, TWiT, Wall Street Journal (WSJ), Wondery
• French: Jazz Radio, Radio Campus Paris, Radio Canada, Radio France, Virgin Radio
• German: Deutsche Welle, DRadio Wissen, ORF, SRF, ZDF, WDR
• Italian: Radio24, Rai Radio 1 & 2 & 3
• Misc: 103fm
Download Podcast Addict for PC Using Android Emulators:
To download Podcast Addict on PC, you will require an Android Emulator. Use the links provided below to download the Android Emulator of your choice. I have provided you the top 3 Android Emulators. All of these work perfectly on both Windows & Mac. I have tested and then sharing it with you guys.
Heed the instructions provided In the links given above and install the Android Emulator on your Windows or Mac. After that, you will follow all the instructions to install any Android app at the same link.