In this article, you will learn how to download Live Transcribe for PC on Windows 10, 11, & Mac. I will be using an Android Emulator to install Live Transcribe on Windows & Mac. But Before we proceed let me give you an overview on Why Install Android Apps on PC, Is it worth it? Does it work like smartphones? What are the requirements?
Tons of Android and iOS apps should be available on Windows and Mac. But since nowadays smartphones are the most used gadgets, every developer put their efforts to make apps for Android and iOS devices.
I have seen many users asking how to install Android Apps on Windows or Mac, apparently, there is no way you can install Android and iOS apps on your Windows & Mac. However, I have heard that Windows 11 is working with the Amazon app store and you will be able to install most of the Android Apps on your Windows PC. But not all the apps because Amazon App Store does not have all the apps. So we are left with very few options, among all those options there is one that I have used and it’s working perfectly for me.
Today in this article, I will show you how you can download Android Apps on your Windows 11, 10, & Mac. Keep reading and you will get to know.
How To Download Android Apps on your PC:
As I have mentioned before, there is no direct way to install Android Apps on your Windows & Mac PC. Since you cannot provide Android Eco-System on Windows or Mac. However, using an Android Emulator on Windows and Mac PC could let you install Android Apps directly. If you don’t know about Android Emulator, please read the following. I will provide a brief review and reference that will help you understand an Android Emulator.
What is an Android Emulator, Does it really work on Windows & Mac:
First, you need to understand the term Emulator and then you can understand the Android emulator.
What is Emulator?
In computing, an emulator is a hardware or software that enables one computer system (called the host) to behave like another computer system (called the guest). An emulator typically enables the host system to run software or use peripheral devices designed for the guest system. Emulation refers to the ability of a computer program in an electronic device to emulate (or imitate) another program or device.
What is Android Emulator?
The Android Emulator simulates Android devices on your computer so that you can test your application on a variety of devices and Android API levels without needing to have each physical device. The emulator provides almost all of the capabilities of a real Android device
Does it work on Windows & Mac?
Yes, it does work perfectly on Windows and Mac. Moreover, there are tons of Android Emulators available in the market. In the article, I will tell you how to download Android Apps using Android Emulator. Let’s begin now and first I’ll give you a brief overview of Live Transcribe and will explain all the features.
About Live Transcribe
Live Transcribe has a new name—Live Transcribe & Sound Notifications. It’s an app that makes everyday conversations and surrounding sounds more accessible among people who are deaf and hard of hearing, using just your Android phone.
Using Google’s state-of-the-art automatic speech recognition and sound detection technology, Live Transcribe & Sound Notifications provides you free, real-time transcriptions of your conversations and sends notifications based on your surrounding sounds at home. The notifications make you aware of important situations at home, such as a fire alarm or doorbell ringing, so that you can respond quickly.
On most phones, you can directly access Live Transcribe & Sound Notifications with these steps:
1. Open your device’s Settings app.
2. Tap Accessibility, then tap Live Transcribe, or Sound Notifications, depending on which app you’d like to start.
3. Tap Use service, then accept the permissions.
4. Use the Accessibility button or gesture to start Live Transcribe or Sound Notifications.
[New] Sound Notifications:
• Get notified of potentially risky situations and personal situations based on sounds happening at home (for example, smoke alarm, siren, baby sounds).
• Get notifications with a flashing light or vibration to your mobile device or wearable.
• Timeline view lets you go back in history (currently limited to 12 hours) to see what was happening around you.
• Transcribes in real-time. Text appears on your phone as words are spoken.
• Accurately captures the nuances of how words are used in context.
• Choose from over 80 languages and dialects, and quickly switch between two languages.
• Add custom words that you use frequently, like names or household items.
• Set your phone to vibrate when someone says your name.
• Type responses in your conversation. Bring up your phone’s keyboard and type your words for a continuous dialogue. Transcriptions still appear while you type.
• See the volume of the speaker’s voice compared to the loudness in your environment. You can use this sound indicator to adjust your volume when you speak.
• Use external microphones found in wired headsets, Bluetooth headsets, and USB mics for better audio reception.
Referring back to transcription:
• Choose to save transcriptions for 3 days. Saved transcriptions will stay locally on your device for 3 days, so you can copy and paste them elsewhere. (By default, transcriptions are not saved.)
• Search within saved transcriptions.
• Touch and hold the text in transcription to copy and paste.
• Android 5.0 (Lollipop) and up.
Live Transcribe & Sound Notifications was made in collaboration with Gallaudet University, the premier Deaf and hard-of-hearing university in the US.
Microphone: Live Transcribe needs microphone access to transcribe the speech around you. The audio is not stored after the transcription is processed. Sound Notifications needs microphone access to listen for sounds happening around you. The audio is also not stored after processing is finished. Source: Google Play Store.
Download Live Transcribe for PC Using Android Emulators:
To download Live Transcribe on PC, you will require an Android Emulator. Use the links provided below to download the Android Emulator of your choice. I have provided you the top 3 Android Emulators. All of these work perfectly on both Windows & Mac. I have tested and then sharing it with you guys.
Heed the instructions provided In the links given above and install the Android Emulator on your Windows or Mac. After that, you will follow all the instructions to install any Android app at the same link.