In this article, you will learn how to download Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet for PC on Windows 10, 11, & Mac. I will be using an Android Emulator to install Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet on Windows & Mac. But Before we proceed let me give you an overview on Why Install Android Apps on PC, Is it worth it? Does it work like smartphones? What are the requirements?
Tons of Android and iOS apps should be available on Windows and Mac. But since nowadays smartphones are the most used gadgets, every developer put their efforts to make apps for Android and iOS devices.
I have seen many users asking how to install Android Apps on Windows or Mac, apparently, there is no way you can install Android and iOS apps on your Windows & Mac. However, I have heard that Windows 11 is working with the Amazon app store and you will be able to install most of the Android Apps on your Windows PC. But not all the apps because Amazon App Store does not have all the apps. So we are left with very few options, among all those options there is one that I have used and it’s working perfectly for me.
Today in this article, I will show you how you can download Android Apps on your Windows 11, 10, & Mac. Keep reading and you will get to know.
How To Download Android Apps on your PC:
As I have mentioned before, there is no direct way to install Android Apps on your Windows & Mac PC. Since you cannot provide Android Eco-System on Windows or Mac. However, using an Android Emulator on Windows and Mac PC could let you install Android Apps directly. If you don’t know about Android Emulator, please read the following. I will provide a brief review and reference that will help you understand an Android Emulator.
What is an Android Emulator, Does it really work on Windows & Mac:
First, you need to understand the term Emulator and then you can understand the Android emulator.
What is Emulator?
In computing, an emulator is a hardware or software that enables one computer system (called the host) to behave like another computer system (called the guest). An emulator typically enables the host system to run software or use peripheral devices designed for the guest system. Emulation refers to the ability of a computer program in an electronic device to emulate (or imitate) another program or device.
What is Android Emulator?
The Android Emulator simulates Android devices on your computer so that you can test your application on a variety of devices and Android API levels without needing to have each physical device. The emulator provides almost all of the capabilities of a real Android device
Does it work on Windows & Mac?
Yes, it does work perfectly on Windows and Mac. Moreover, there are tons of Android Emulators available in the market. In the article, I will tell you how to download Android Apps using Android Emulator. Let’s begin now and first I’ll give you a brief overview of Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet and will explain all the features.
About Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet
With the Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet you can send and receive Bitcoins, Ethereum (ETH) and ERC-20 tokens like Tether USD, USD Coin, HobiToken, Binance USD, Bitfinex LEO, 0x using your mobile phone.
The unparalleled cold storage functionality allows you to 100% secure your funds until you are ready to spend them,
works for your paper wallets, private keys, master seeds.
See also our promotional video “Mycelia in Wonderland” at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_h9ZZwhwBg
– 100% control over your private keys, they never leave your device unless you export them
– No blockchain download, install and run in seconds
– HD enabled – manage multiple accounts and never reuse addresses (BIP32, BIP44)
– Ultra fast connection to the Bitcoin network through our super nodes
– Watch-only addresses & private key import for secure cold-storage integration
– Secure your wallet with a PIN
– Compatible with other bitcoin services through bitcoin: uri handling
– Support for BIP38 Keys
– Send and receive Ethereum (ETH)
– Send and receive ERC-20 tokens
– Find other people to trade Bitcoins with in person using our Local Trader feature.
Please always make sure you have backups of your private keys!
This application’s source is published at https://github.com/mycelium-com/wallet
We need your feedback. If you have a suggestion or a bug to report open an issue at https://github.com/mycelium-com/wallet/issues
– Master seed based – make one backup and be safe for ever. (BIP39)
– Manage your wallet on multiple devices without giving up control
– For enhanced privacy and availability you can connect to our super nodes via a tor hidden-service ( .onion address)
– dynamic fee handling to ensure timely execution of your transactions by the network, based on blockchain load
– Show fee/byte in transaction details to determine execution time
– Watch-only addresses (single key or HD) for a secure cold-storage integration
– Private key (single or xPriv) import
– Directly spend from paper wallets (single key, xPriv or master seed)
– Hardware Wallet enabled – directly spend from your favorite Hardware wallet:
– Trezor supported √
– Ledger supported √ (Nano, Nano-S, Unplugged, HW.1, Trustlet)
– KeepKey supported √
– Mycelium Entropy compatible Shamir-Secret-Shared 2-out-of-3 keys spending
– Encrypted PDF backup and restore of single key accounts
– Send and receive by specifying an amount in Fiat and switch between fiat and BTC while entering the amount
– Address book for commonly used addresses
– Transaction history with full transaction details.
– Share your bitcoin address using NFC, Twitter, Facebook, email and more.
– BIP70 payment request compatible
– Proof-of-Payment (BIP120/121), thanks Kalle Rosenbaum for the collaboration
– Integration cashila.com to send money via SEPA wires within the European Union
– Integration Glidera.io to buy bitcoin using your bank account in the US or Canada.
– Support for BitID Authentication, securely login on websites using your wallet.
– choose your favorite block explorer
– warn about possible easier to be double spend transactions (RBF) and unconfirmed parent transactions
– Deterministic signatures for Bitcoin transactions (RFC6979)
– cold-spend from BIP38 NFC tags (body implants anyone?)
– compact QR Codes (BIP73)
Explanation for permission requests:
– Location – used to update LocalTrader location – only when user manually updates it.
– Camera/Microphone – Scan QR codes. [Source: @Google Play Store]
Download Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet for PC Using Android Emulators:
To download Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet on PC, you will require an Android Emulator. Use the links provided below to download the Android Emulator of your choice. I have provided you the top 3 Android Emulators. All of these work perfectly on both Windows & Mac. I have tested and then sharing it with you guys.
BlueStacks Nox App Player LDPlayer
Heed the instructions provided In the links given above and install the Android Emulator on your Windows or Mac. After that, you will follow all the instructions to install any Android app at the same link.